Do Business Here
The Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit (LRT) project is the largest transit expansion in the history of Toronto. The light rail transit line will extend along a 19 kilometer corridor of Eglinton Avenue between Mount Dennis and Kennedy Station (Metrolinx, 2014). It is scheduled for completion in 2021. Fairbank Station at Eglinton Avenue and Dufferin Street will significantly increase travel of potential customers and pedestrian foot traffic within the local area. It is expected that sales growth and residential and commercial development will increase once the new subway line is in operation and also investment in commercial and public development projects has materialized.
Public Space Investment
Once the subway is complete, the BIA and City of Toronto plan to invest in a major streetscape redesign including items such as: new planters, pedestrian pole lighting, wayfinding and possibly a gateway feature landmark.
Currently, all businesses in the area, whether professional, dining, entertainment, retail or finance, benefit from the improved local atmosphere and ambiance that Fairbank Village BIA helps to create with planters, banners, benches, winter lights, etc.
Fairbank Village produces various events throughout the year to attract thousands of new visitors and build a strong community spirit. Our annual summer festival closes down Eglinton for a weekend of music, entertainment, rides, and sidewalk sales. Member businesses receive free vendor space in this two-day event in order to promote their products or businesses.
December is a time for family and shopping, and our Light up the Holidays event brings everyone together for tree lighting fun! Other events such as movie nights and our Pumpkin Giveaway round out the year. The events are also a great platform for creating additional partnerships to promote individual businesses.
Other Member Benefits
- Marketing initiatives and programs to assist local businesses. Past projects with our volunteers and partners include Free One-on-one Social Media Training, Free Window Display Redesigns, a Free Coupon-Calendar Mail-out and Free Google 360 photos.
- A listing on the Fairbank Village website
- Promotion of your business on Fairbank Village social media
- Members' newsletter
- Voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting and ability to join Committees
- Access to the Commercial Façade Improvement Program Grant funding
- Opportunities for access to mural grants and project management